Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Table of Contents
Latest topics
» Happy new year Ingoo
Regarding Nindos EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am by Kye

» -
Regarding Nindos EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm by Kye

» "Ninja-Tales [AU Next Gen Naruto RP]"
Regarding Nindos EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:16 am by White Fox

» 광주휴게텔Op*ss*2점넷 광주안마후기🇱🇰광주오피ガ오피쓰 광주건마
Regarding Nindos EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 am by MaxGarrison56515

» 제주건마μ오피쓰후기[OPSS][2][NET]⚓제주풀싸롱♐제주오피ゃ제주안마
Regarding Nindos EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 am by MaxGarrison56515

» Sigh
Regarding Nindos EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 pm by Kye

» Gladius Naruto RP Site
Regarding Nindos EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:02 am by Rush

» An actual, legitimate post.
Regarding Nindos EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 am by kbackperc

» Tiffany & Co Classic COIN EDGE DISC Pendant - $58.00 : Professional tiffany outlet stores, web-intera.com
Regarding Nindos EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:23 am by kbackperc

» Replica Watches, Fake Rolex, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Cartier, Omega Watches for Sale
Regarding Nindos EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 am by kbackperc

» Bring Me Out
Regarding Nindos EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 am by Raishimaru

» Links of London Charm - Letter W charm - $28.80 : links of london, jewelryhand.com
Regarding Nindos EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 4:39 pm by Heartbeat

Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

Any creations, posts, ideas, or otherwise content from this website are copyrighted to their owners and creators. No information may not be taken or used without said owners permission, with the exception of situations listed in the terms of service and rules which are subject to change without warning. © All Rights Reserved.

Regarding Nindos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zenjiro

Regarding Nindos Empty
PostSubject: Regarding Nindos   Regarding Nindos EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I have noted on many sites that the vast majority of players either misunderstand or never even thought about what a "Nindo" is--beyond something Naruto shouts and RP sites require you to come up with. While a Nindo certainly doesn't affect a character's combat abilities I would argue that it is every bit as important to RPing said character as the personality or appearance!

Why, whats the big deal? The "big deal" is that the Nindo is the foundation upon which the ninja's actions rest and represents the deeply held belief that dictates how the ninja responds to the ninja world around him/her. Many people simply put "something cool" or a favorite quote and just leave it at that, but such a Nindo says nothing about the ninja or the motivation that drives them in their ninja life.

In defense of the masses the Naruto manga/anime only really delves into two Nindos; Naruto's and Kakashi's (though there are hints at others). A casual fan that simply enjoys watching/reading Naruto has little reason to see this as significant, but someone who questions and looks more deeply into the series will quickly start to see many unspoken implications/connections not readily visible to the average viewer/reader.

Consider Naruto's Nindo: "I will not go back on my word." At first blush this seems to simply be a coolly defiant catch-phrase, however if you remember that Naruto was always dismissed and looked down on the sentiment becomes much more clear. The insistence to not go back on his words fuels Naruto in his drive to be Hokage and forces others to recognize him by demonstrating that when he says something people need to take him seriously. It is more than simply a catchy quote; it is the foundation for every action he takes as a ninja.

Kakashi's Nindo is somewhat different in that it is not what it started out as but changed due to the events of Obito/Rin's deaths changing his perception of what it meant to be a ninja as well as his personal priorities as a ninja.

How do you make a good Nindo then? First you need to think about not only why the character became a ninja/what they want to accomplish but also about how their past may have influenced their purpose as a ninja. Second you need to consider how your character thinks they personally fit into the ninja world and where their priorities as a ninja rest (this part sort of "modifies" the first part). It is important to remember that a Nindo can be as complicated or simple as needed, but should represent a single core thought/belief upon which all the reasons and experiences which made it rest. If it is simpler though you might consider a Nindo a simple mantra to refocus the ninja on their core concept (often bolstering determination or courage).

A Character's history creates their personality and their personality dictates how they will act/react in the RP, the Nindo is something akin to the lowest common denominator when the personality and history is distilled down into a single concept (a sort of "one sentence summery" of their past and personality).

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.... Ignore me if you like.
Back to top Go down

Regarding Nindos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dumb Archives-
Jump to: